Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Somebody found their sweet tooth!

As most of you know, I'm the weird girl who's not a big fan of chocolate. My friend Carrie would tell me one of these days she was going to make me a potato chip cake! I just prefer the salty treats over sweets. Don't get me wrong, it's not that chocolate is a bad thing. I have peanut M&M's on my kitchen counter right now :) But if the choice is there I tend to stick with salt. Oddly enough, out of nowhere a sweet tooth popped out. The dark chocolate stocking stuffers I bought for my husband now fascinate me. Thank you Daniel for sharing ;)  Again, the tooth starts calling last night and at 8:30 the kitchen lights go back on and I'm headed for the stove. I have a bowl of fresh fruit on my kitchen island and Honey Crisp Apples are a staple. Grabbed the apples, a stick of butter, some cinnamon and brown sugar and heated the skillet. If you've never had a Honey Crisp, you don't know what you're missing. They are so sweet and juicy all on their own but I just wanted that fuzzy feeling from warm apples and syrupy goodness. If your sweet tooth is calling, answer it with this yummy treat. Perfect on it's own or as a great ice cream topping!

2 Honey Crisp Apples, sliced ( I didn't peel mine )
1 stick of butter ( Paula Deen would be proud )
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup of Hershey's Caramel Syrup

In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter and brown sugar. Then add apples and cinnamon. Toss and cook for 15-20 minutes. We still like our apples with a slight crunch and cook it for only 10 minutes. Serve in a favorite bowl and drizzle with caramel. Maybe try topping it with some whip cream...the possibilties are endless.


0 comments: