Friday, January 15, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This is my shortcut version because you don't have to roll each tortilla. This saves time and still tastes every bit as delicious.
3 cans of white meat chicken or 1 pound of boiled shredded chicken breast

1, 15 oz. can of green or red enchilada sauce, ( we are a house divided since Dan prefers red while I like the green)

1 20 count pack of flour tortillas, small size ( you will have extra but they can be used for snack wraps )

1 bag of Kraft shredded Mexican cheese

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

2 Tbsp. of minced garlic

4 sliced green onions

3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped

Salt & pepper to taste

Salsa, see earlier recipe

Sour cream



In a large mixing bowl, mix chicken, garlic, soup, salt and pepper

Lightly coat 13x9 with cooking spray. Then cover bottom of pan with a thin layer of sauce. Place four tortillas to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Then spoon a 1/3 of the chicken mixture and spread evenly over the tortillas. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle cheese on top. Then repeat the layers 2 more times. Cover the top with remaining sauce, cheese and green onions.

Bake on a cookie tray in case it bubbles over. Cook at 350 for an hour check half way through to make sure the cheese is not burning. It can be covered with foil but use non stick or spray with Pam first. Let enchiladas set for 10 mintutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro and serve with salsa and sour cream.

*I've also added 2 cups of fresh spinach to this recipe which adds nutrients, flavor and color.



This is the sauce I use but I like "medium."

3 comments:

Mrs. Pertile said...

Thanks Jen I will totally use this one!

Anonymous said...

I had this at Jens house last week. It's one of my favorite meals. I always ask her to make it when we visit. Make extra as you will want leftovers!
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I made the enchiladas and we loved the. I used red sauce but next time will try green! so yummy and soooo easy.
Thanks and please keep sharing.
Charlotte